A man for all seasons – a man who is successful and talented in many areas
In season – the time of year when a vegetable or fruit is ripe and ready to be eaten
Out of season – the time of year when few people go on holiday / a time when something is not available
Season’s greetings – a formal greeting during a holiday period, especially Christmas
Different usages of the word season:
to season something means to add spices or salt to your food (würzen)
seasonal means characteristic to a season (saisonal)
seasoned describes a person with a lot of experience in some field (erfahren)
Add the right idiom or word in the gap.
- Hotels are much cheaper ____________________________
- She is a ______________ climber.
- Robert is great at fixing things around the house. He is _______________________________.
- This dish is served with _______________ vegetables.
- I am really looking forward to May when strawberries are _________________
- _________________ the sauce by adding some Italian herbs such as thyme and basil.
- _________________ from everyone here at Rio Motor Group Inc.
(out of season, seasoned, a man for all seasons, seasonal, in season, Season, Seasonal Greetings)